Vriksh means a tree and this pose resembles a tree and is known as the tree pose. It helps to strengthen the back, calves, thighs and ankles. Flexibility of groin and hips area get increased. Balance and concentration is improved.
1. Begin with Tadasana.
2. Place the both hand on ground while standing up, keep the distance of about one feet between both hands.
3. Slowly put the body weight on hands and lift the legs up fully upward and straighten them.
4. Remain in this position for some time and then return to start position.
Do it for short period of time initially but later on practice it upto five minutes.
- Strengthens calves, thighs, spine and ankles.
- Strengthens heart and lungs.
- Cures eyes disorders.
- Improves memory and is good for student during examination days.
- Don’t do it if you are suffering from insomnia, headaches, high or low blood pressure.
- Do it on firm mattress to avoid being hurt on losing the balance initially.
- Initially do under supervision to avoid any injury.