Vajrasana is an easy sitting posture.
1. Fold both the knees, keep them joint with each other and sit on the pit formed by the heels.
2. Keep the spine, neck and head straight.
3. Put both the palm on thighs or knees.
4. Breath normally.
This is very comfortable asana. It is practiced for meditation, pranayama and some other asanas, too. One can practice it as long as he can do comfortably. It should be practiced minimum for ‘three’ minutes.
- This is the only asana which can be practiced just after meal as it prevents the digestion disorders and reduces the chances of acidity and gas. If it is practiced 5-15 minutes after meal, the food gets digested comfortably and relieves from acidity and constipation.
- During vajrasana the vital energy flows upward from Muladhar to Sahasrar Chakra, so it is very helpful for Meditation, Pranayama and Kundalini Awakening.
- Very helpful to relax sciatica pain, waist pain and back pain.
- It is good for women even in menstrual period as it relives from pelvic strain, waist pain or burning sensation. Diamond Pose is very effective in menstrual disorders and problems such as abortion. It is also helpful for pregnent women to ensure normal delivery .