Pranayama was originated by ‘Indian yogis’ about five thousand years back. It has been used by yogis as a path for their spiritual needs, kundalini awakening and attainment of God. While it’s miraculous results starts right from physical health and mind peace.
As the time passed, common people became aware about pranayama. They started practicing it for the attainment of physical and mental health, though in long run, all benefits of pranayama are produced including spiritual and kundalini awakening.
Benefits start within a week however it depends on the person’s ailment and also on the regularity and intensity of the performance.
- Oxygen supply is increased and re-establishes the body’s own natural rhythm.
- Develops the respiratory organs and improves vital capacity tremendously.
- Three doshas (imbalances) of human body Vata, Pitta, Kapha are balanced, which results to complete health.
- It completely cures some of the chronic diseases which are impossible to treat by medicines like, Diabetes, High Blood Pressure, Angina, Blockages in Arteries, Obesity, Asthma, Bronchitis, Leucoderma, Depression, Parkinson, Insomnia, Thyroid problems, Arthritis, Cervical spondylitis, Hepatitis, Cancer, Cirrhosis of the Liver, Flatulence, Gas, Constipation, Acidity, etc.
- Some pranayamas are very beneficial for pregnant women like Anuloma-Viloma, Bhramari and Udgeeth.
- Long and deep breathing produces a positive effect on nerves which cures stress and depression. Helps in steadiness and concentration of mind. Also, very useful for emotional control.
- Excellent for meditation which takes the practitioner to spiritual heights.
- The practitioner acquire self confidence, optimism, a calm mind and various desired qualities.
- Rhythmic breathing, as well as correct concentration and meditation, can bring about a breath change in one’s physical and mental stage and serves as a step towards spiritual unfolding. The yogis say that the deep rhythmic breathing exercise will allow the body to re-establish in its own natural rhythm and allow us more to the cosmic rhythm. This will protect us from any negative external influences.
- Extremely helpful for Kundalini awakening.