Konasana or Angle Pose is also known as open angle or seated wide leg forward bends. Kona means angle and asana means posture.
1. Stand up straight with keeping the distance of legs around two feet.
2. Inhale slowly to and turn body to the left bending at the waist to bring left hand down to the left side and try to touch the left foot.
3. The right arm would remain extended upwards.
4. Both legs and arms are kept straight and don’t bend knees and elbows.
5. Remain in this position for few seconds.
6. Exhale slowly and return to starting position.
7. Repeat this action on the other side.
Do it from five to fifteen seconds and repeat four to six times.
- Cure for gynecological and menstrual problems.
- Sciatica pain get relieved.
- Helps in stretching of hamstring muscles.
- Cures stiffness of hip joints.
- Pelvic circulation improves.
- Never bounce into or out of this asana.
- Avoid this asana, if suffering from back problem.